It’s already starting! Ugh, the cold/flu season! I’m determined NOT to fall victim to it this year! Last year was horrible! I’ve already started diffusing Thieves essential oil blend in the studio to cut the germs! Since we don’t live in a germ free bubble and can’t avoid everyone, here are a few ways to boost your immune system to help you repel those pesky germs! I’m in the “Go to bed earlier” group, which is a GREAT suggestion!!!
- Limit sugar and alcohol: One can of soda can reduce your immune function by 30% for up to 3 hours. Run into a germ fest during that time and you’re a prime candidate for a cold/flu!
- Go to bed earlier: Potentially adding 30-60 minutes of extra sleep time can increase your energy and give your immune system the time it needs to do it’s job.
- Find new ways to relax: chronic stress can suppress your body’s ability to fight off colds. Experiment with new ways to relax so that you can beat chronic stress.
- Amp up your antioxidants: Include more antioxidants in your diet, such as broccoli, cabbage, and kale. Matcha tea is also a great antioxidant booster.
- Follow your dreams: Doing things you enjoy reduces your stress and can cause your immunity cells to multiply!